Name:

I am a parish minister currently serving the Eliot Church of Natick MA. Eliot Church is a Community Church affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ. Any statements made and postions held in "Unity," however, are solely mine(of course, they may be used with appropriate atribution). Therefore if you disagree, please do not blame the church!

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Biblical Humanism

I recieved quite a few requests for my sermon last week and promised that I would post it here. I will do so soon. Things have been a little nutty so I am having trouble finding the time to sit down and put in the final edits...

Meanwhile, I have linked an article about Biblical Humanism (click on the post title). I have been interested in this concept for some time, particularly because, in the Unitarian Universalist context, the word "Humanist" is rarely combined with "Biblical" these days. Of course, Humanism is, like Christianity, a broad term that means different things to different people and even to the same person in different contexts. Ain't language grand? Anyway, there it is for anyone who wishes to read it. I particularly like the flow chart with all the circles and arrows...

Also, I "googled" a brief description of Christian Humanism for comparison.