Name:

I am a parish minister currently serving the Eliot Church of Natick MA. Eliot Church is a Community Church affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ. Any statements made and postions held in "Unity," however, are solely mine(of course, they may be used with appropriate atribution). Therefore if you disagree, please do not blame the church!

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Unity Update

Dave's ordination was splendid! Everyone had a good time and the Rev. Maddie Sifantus preached a lovely homily. I will post my charge to Dave tomorrow, most likely. However, I realized that I haven't posted anything in a while...

So, here are some things that have been going on at Unity.

First, I took down the slogan that went under Unity's title. It read "Examining things Liberal, Christian, and Liberal Christian in the context of the ecumenical ministry of the Eliot Church." Or, at least, it said something like that. However, it seemed out of place as many of the posts didn't fit the mission. I have been looking for a little variety in my own journey and, I think this blog has reflected that. So, out the motto goes! In comes more randomness...

Second, I have added some links. Virginia UU has been discontinued. I have replaced it with ChaliceBlog. Actually, "Chalice Chick" should have been put up earlier. I am a regular reader of her stuff. It was a tragic oversight on my part that has now been remedied...

Also, in an effort to get folks to think about something other than the explicitly religious, I have linked to the New England Patriot's home page and to a sportsblog run by Mike Reiss at the Boston Herald. Reiss is, in fact, also the editor of the Herald's MetroWest Daily News. Therefore, he is my usual source for information concerning the future of Troy Brown. Incidentally, once you have checked out the sports blog, you can go to Patriots.com and order probably the only regularly issued jersey for a third-string quarterback! Yes, the legendary Doug Flutie, football player and favorite son of Natick, MA has a purchasable football jersey. Go Doug!

Finally, my cousin Nate at Ramble On has some pictures of the celebration on the Buddha's birthday. Check them out!

That is all for now!