Name:

I am a parish minister currently serving the Eliot Church of Natick MA. Eliot Church is a Community Church affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ. Any statements made and postions held in "Unity," however, are solely mine(of course, they may be used with appropriate atribution). Therefore if you disagree, please do not blame the church!

Monday, August 22, 2005

I Figured It Out

OK, so it wasn't that hard to delete a post after all. I have added that goofy word verification thing. Primarily I did so because it was there but maybe it will have an effect...

Also, Prophet Motive does not seem to be working at the moment and so (sorry Tom!) I have temporarily replaced it with Wildhunt. This is an interesting Pagan blog (or, rather, a blog for Pagans, written by writer/DJ Jason Pitzl-Waters).

He has an interesting post at the moment concerning a Pagan mom who is sending her child to Catholic school. This is not as unusual as one might think. There are times when the public educational options are not adequate and parents have to struggle to find a solution. You can also, for example, find Catholics and Jews at Christian Academies. It raises some questions about how to teach one's own faith at home while it is being challenged during the day.

In the interest of full disclosure, I went to Catholic School for one year during a time when my family considered itself extremely secular. It was awkward to say the least. As with any situation where people encounter difference, some of my teachers were very tolerant and some were extremely intolerant. I ended up leaving as there were other options. However, others did not have the same opportunities. My heart goes out to that child and to those who are forced to make this kind of compromise. It is a hard thing to do.