Name:

I am a parish minister currently serving the Eliot Church of Natick MA. Eliot Church is a Community Church affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ. Any statements made and postions held in "Unity," however, are solely mine(of course, they may be used with appropriate atribution). Therefore if you disagree, please do not blame the church!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow?

I was watching the warm-up to last night's MNF game and saw snow. Quite a bit of it fell, actually, in Seattle. I, of course, couldn't be much farther from Seattle but, still, it got me in the holiday mood and that is a good thing. Dave Miller, one of the community ministers affiliated with Eliot and also a local realtor, was putting his X-Mas lights up at his office across the street from the church yesterday. Man, I love Advent.

I have even started Christmas shopping. I have gifts for various relatives and friends. I have also made my first seasonal donation. I gave a little something to the UCC's God is Still Speaking Campaign. Eliot Church is not a part of this but I find it to be refreshing. You can donate too, if you would like. You can also vote for your favorite UCC commercial. Yes, I do like the "Ejector Seat" commercial the best, but "All The People" is much more Christmasy

One interesting by product of the season is that my archives get a great many hits thanks to google-searches for Advent sermons. I will be posting them again this year. Partly this is because I like to share. Partly, however, it forces me to focus during a hard-to-focus time.

I would, however, like to apologize to all the folks who are apparently looking for pictures of Metallica Drummer Lars Ulrich. Once, a long time ago, I posted a link to a picture of him and since then folks keep getting driven to me! From one fan to another, I am sorry. Feel free to stick around, though...