Name:

I am a parish minister currently serving the Eliot Church of Natick MA. Eliot Church is a Community Church affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ. Any statements made and postions held in "Unity," however, are solely mine(of course, they may be used with appropriate atribution). Therefore if you disagree, please do not blame the church!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Back to Church!

Sunday is the big day here at Eliot. The Religious Education program gears back up (I am about to meet with the teachers for September) and the new curriculum will be unveiled. This, of course, brings back the families-with-children, the majority in this church. It is all very exciting and we hope people come!

Incidentally, Eliot Church is looking for a Church/RE Administrator to start as soon as humanly possible! If you or anyone you love might be interested, please do not hesitate to call the church.

Sunday is, of course, also the anniversary of the WTC/Pentagon Bombings. Combined with the situation in the south, we will be in a thoughtful mood this opening day...

Here is the Psalm I read last Sunday. When you read it, I think, you will know what I had in mind. I was praying for those people trapped at the Convention Center and in other pockets along the Gulf.

Psalm 13

How long, O God? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I bear pain in my soul,
and have sorrow in my heart all day long?
How long shall my enemy be exhalted over me?

Consider and answer me, O God my God!
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death,
and my enemy will say, "I have prevailed";
my foes will rejoice because I am shaken

But I trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to God,
because God has dealt bountifully with me.

Obviously, I am an optimist. Like you, I pray that we will be singing and rejoicing sooner, rather than later....