Name:

I am a parish minister currently serving the Eliot Church of Natick MA. Eliot Church is a Community Church affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ. Any statements made and postions held in "Unity," however, are solely mine(of course, they may be used with appropriate atribution). Therefore if you disagree, please do not blame the church!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Talkin' 'Bout an Evolution!

So, this upcoming Sunday is the day I am scheduled to supply my annual "Auction Sermon." For those of you who do not know what that is, the Auction Sermon is a topic selected by the person who made the highest bid at the annual church auction to do just that. This year's topic: Evolution, Science and Faith.

Basically, the high bidder (Virginia Walker) has asked that I speak on how scientific discoveries are/can be integrated into a liberal religious faith. It is a good, meaty topic. However, this is also a special service and I would like to make sure that Virginia gets her money's worth. Therefore, I am solicting thoughts, comments, or ideas that you think might be useful for this Sunday. Please! I am begging you! If you can think of something, post away!

Also, I highly recommend that you check out the Daily Show Special Report "Evolution Schmevoltion." It is more nuanced than one might think and, yes, it is funny...