Name:

I am a parish minister currently serving the Eliot Church of Natick MA. Eliot Church is a Community Church affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ. Any statements made and postions held in "Unity," however, are solely mine(of course, they may be used with appropriate atribution). Therefore if you disagree, please do not blame the church!

Monday, October 03, 2005

Oh My!

I just realized how long it has been since I posted on Unity! Things have been more than a bit hectic lately. Among other things, our Church/RE Administrator resigned and we are still looking for a new one. Anyone looking for work?

Last Sunday (not yesterday, but the week before) I went a preached at the Grosse Pointe Unitarian Church, where I interned some six years ago with the Rev. John Corrado. It was fun to be back. I also did a wedding for some old friends and visited Belle Isle and Pewabic Pottery. I also ate at the following restaurants: Fishbone's, Hong Hua, The Original Pancake House, and Hazel and Roberto's Coney Island. I recommend them all to anyone who has the opportunity to spend some time in Metro Detroit. In fact, I recommend that everyone find the time to spend there. Detroit is a fascinating place.

Finally, here is the history of American Coney Island, located in downtown Detroit. Check out the "Coney Island Kits" being billed as a fundraiser for schools and churches! American isn't the original (you can find that here) but is one of the most famous. I meant to visit it on ehtis trip but ran out of time! When I retire, I am going to open a Coney Island in some benighted place (like pretty much anywhere in New England). In a world that enforces uniformity, it is inspiring to know that there are still some regional delicacies.