Name:

I am a parish minister currently serving the Eliot Church of Natick MA. Eliot Church is a Community Church affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ. Any statements made and postions held in "Unity," however, are solely mine(of course, they may be used with appropriate atribution). Therefore if you disagree, please do not blame the church!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Chretien and the Celts

I am feeling a bit nostalgic today as Jean Chretien is in the news again. Granted most Americans remember him merely as "Prime Minister Poutine," a name conjured up by This Hour has 22 Minutes for its interview with now President Bush. Of course, that was never his real name or it wouldn't have been funny (this is poutine). Now he is back...sort of.

I am feeling nostalgic because I was living in Montreal when Chretien was elected for the first time. Chretien, in case you do not know, is a member of the Liberal Party. It was neat to see anyone get called a liberal and win! I loved living in Canada and--while most of them have nothing to do with the former Prime Minister--I have a lot of good memories of my time there. After all, it is where my wife and I decided to get married and that seems to have worked out well!

Also, I watched one quarter of last night's Celtics game. I am starting slow, I must admit, but last year, during the playoffs. I wrote that it might make sense for me to give the Celts another chance. It was OK, too. However, after that first quarter I realized that I had an hour of Colbert Report waiting for me on DVR...