Name:

I am a parish minister currently serving the Eliot Church of Natick MA. Eliot Church is a Community Church affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ. Any statements made and postions held in "Unity," however, are solely mine(of course, they may be used with appropriate atribution). Therefore if you disagree, please do not blame the church!

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I am sitting here getting ready for our two Christmas Eve Services. I have gone over everything. I have checked it twice and probably will check it all a couple more times before we start at 5 O'Clock. I realized recently that I haven't been a very good blogger this Advent. There has been so much going on at home and in the church that there really hasn't been any time to do anything but check out what everyone else was writing about this season. Well, there will be less to do next week (I hope)!

I really enjoy these services. This is my second favorite time in the church (the first being Holy Week and Easter). Right now I am the only one here and it is quiet. It won't stay that way forever, though. We have hundreds of Orders of Service to be put together, an army of child-musicians (for the first service) to be marshalled, two sets of readers to get together, and, of course, lots of carols to sing.

We do "Lessons and Carols" at this church, so once things get rolling there isn't really a whole lot for me to do. I lead the prayers and do some of the other stuff but it is good to spread the wealth. I like hearing some other voices coming over the speakers. My thoughts will be with my friends and family who are leading worship tonight and (some of them) tomorrow. Also, I will be thinking about and praying for those who have experienced some form of life changing event this past year. God knows there are quite a few.

So, Happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah, too since I probably won't blog before it starts. Ok, I might not get back on the computer before Kwanzaa... (this is why people just say "Happy Holidays"). Just everybody have a great holiday season!

I have to go check on something...